HomeHEALTH & WEALTHThe ten easiest ways to lose weight

The ten easiest ways to lose weight

The ten easiest ways to lose weight

DRINK MORE WATER
It will fill you up but supply no calories at all.

DRINK COLDER WATER
Your body will burn calories warming itself up after an internal dousing of icy water.

EAT MORE SLOWLY
It takes the brain about 20 minutes to register that the stomach is full. Because we eat many meals much faster than this, we tend to go past the natural point of not needing any more.

EAT MORE OFTEN
Yes! Your digestive system can cope much better with several small meals a day – five is the ideal number – than it can with one or two large ones.

EAT A PROPER BREAKFAST
People who are overweight are much more likely to be skipping breakfast than those who are slim. This is because after not eating during the night the body needs fuel, so the temptation to snack until lunchtime is difficult to resist.

EAT LESS
It might seem obvious, but the trend in restaurants and fast – food joints to give bigger and bigger portions is causing us to overeat without realizing it.

CHEW LONGER
It is chewing action that the brain associates with eating, so spending longer chewing each bite goes a long way to convincing the brain that you are full.

STOP IF YOU FEEL FULL
Don’t go past the point of being comfortable just to finish something or because you couldn’t resist the sweet trolley.

EAT MORE FIBRE
It will boost your metabolism to burn fat faster.

READ LABELS CAREFULLY
“Low fat” or “Fat free” can often mean a carb content that is packed with calories, and “90 per cent fat free” means that the other 10 per cent is fat.

READ ALSO: 6 principles for debt proof living

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments