Charlie Munger Advices: How to Succeed
He has recorded his own path in the business world. Today he has a fortune of up to $ 1.8 billion. He has been a close associate of Warren Buffett for the past 40 years, and vice president of Berkshire Hathaway.
The businessman and investor are now 98 years old. And throughout his journey, he has said several phrases that can serve as useful lessons for the rest of us.
Being smart and doing something no one has done before are two different things
- You will do better if you have a passion for something in which you have the ability to do it. If Warren Buffett had gone to ballet, no one would have heard of him
- There is only one way to reach the top: Hard work
- Part of what you need to learn is how to handle mistakes and new events that change the odds. Life, in part, is like a poker game, where you have to learn to give up sometimes when you hold a very good card
- Spend every day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you woke up. Day by day, and at the end of the day — if you live long enough, like most people — you will get what you deserve from life.
- Three rules to make a career: 1. Do not sell anything that you would not buy. 2. Do not work for anyone you do not respect and admire. and 3. only work with people you like
- Instead of looking for success, make a list of ways to fail. Tell me where I will die, that is, so as not to go there
- The best thing a person can do is help another person learn more
- If you are telling the truth, you do not need to remember your lies
- Spend less than you make. Always put something aside
- The constant rule of nature is this: Whatever you pay, you get. If you want ants to come, put sugar on the floor
- I try to get rid of people who always answer confidently questions they have no real knowledge of
- We all learn, modify or destroy ideas all the time. Destroying your ideas quickly when the time is right is one of the most valuable skills you can acquire. You need to force yourself to consider the other side’s arguments
CONTRIBUTED BY geozee