12 ways to effectively deal with constant constipation
1. Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking plenty of water is essential to keep the body hydrated and to soften stool, making it easier to pass.
2. Increase Fiber Intake: Adding fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, can help regulate bowel movements and prevent constipation.
READ ALSO 10 foods to relieve your bloated belly
3. Exercise Regularly: Regular exercise can help stimulate the bowel and promote regular bowel movements.
4. Take Probiotics: Probiotics can help improve gut health and promote healthy bowel movements.
5. Avoid Processed Foods: Processed foods are often low in fiber and can contribute to constipation. Avoiding processed foods and opting for whole, nutrient-dense foods can help prevent constipation.
6. Reduce Stress: Stress can contribute to constipation. Taking steps to reduce stress through relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help promote healthy bowel movements.
7. Take Magnesium Supplements: Magnesium supplements can help promote healthy bowel movements by relaxing the muscles in the digestive tract.
8. Try Herbal Remedies: Certain herbal remedies, such as senna or cascara sagrada, can help stimulate the bowel and promote regular bowel movements.
9. Avoid Laxatives and Enemas: While laxatives and enemas can provide immediate relief from constipation, they can be habit-forming and can cause long-term damage to the digestive system.
READ ALSO Here Are 5 Worst Habits That Affects Your Heart Health
10. Eat Smaller, More Frequent Meals: Eating smaller, more frequent meals can help regulate bowel movements by keeping the digestive system active throughout the day.
11. Use a Squatting Stool: Using a squatting stool while on the toilet can help promote healthy bowel movements by aligning the colon and rectum.
12. Consult with a Doctor: If constipation is a chronic issue, it is important to consult with a doctor to rule out any underlying medical conditions and to develop a personalized treatment plan.
🧩CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE