12 benefits of breast feeding babies with
Breastfeeding has numerous benefits for both mother and baby. Here are twelve benefits of breastfeeding:
1. Provides optimal nutrition: Breast milk contains all the necessary nutrients that a baby needs to grow and develop properly.
2. Boosts immune system: Breast milk is packed with antibodies and other immune-boosting substances that help protect babies from infections and illnesses.
3. Reduces risk of SIDS: Studies have shown that breastfed babies have a lower risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
4. Promotes bonding: Breastfeeding provides a special bonding experience between mother and baby.
5. Saves money: Breastfeeding is cost-effective and can save families hundreds or thousands of dollars in formula and baby supplies.
READ ALSO 15 ways to ensure a peaceful home at all times
6. Reduces risk of certain diseases: Breastfeeding has been shown to reduce the risk of certain diseases such as childhood leukemia, diabetes, and obesity.
7. Promotes healthy weight: Breastfed babies are less likely to become overweight or obese later in life.
8. Reduces risk of allergies: Breast milk contains substances that help reduce the risk of allergies and asthma.
9. Promotes brain development: Breast milk contains long-chain fatty acids that are important for brain development.
10. Easier digestion: Breast milk is easier for babies to digest than formula, which can reduce the risk of digestive problems.
11. Promotes better sleep: Breastfed babies often sleep better than formula-fed babies.
12. Reduces risk of postpartum depression: Breastfeeding can help reduce the risk of postpartum depression in mothers.
READ ALSO 5 Lessons to learn from Nigeria’s billionaire elites
Overall, breastfeeding is a wonderful way to provide your baby with optimal nutrition and promote their health and development.
🧩CREATED BY DR JOSEPH DEJI-FOLUTILE