1. Gunmen have killed at least 20 people in Bungudu and Tsafe Local Government Areas of Zamfara State. Residents said the armed men invaded Yar Katsina village, in Bungudu Local Government Area and killed at least ten people.
2. The Academic Staff Union of Universities has urged its chapters across the country to sensitise members of the public on the situation between the union and the Federal Government. This is as it declared Monday, February 7, 2022, as a lecture-free day in a bid to enhance the sensitisation.
3. Senate President Ahmad Lawan has said that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari is in a hurry to develop Nigeria. Lawan made the remarks on Saturday while on a visit to Kwara State to witness the launch of the 2022 Empowerment Programme of Senator Sadiq Suleiman Umar who is representing Kwara North.
4. Political leaders comprising former and incumbent governors, ex-senators, as well as business leaders met in a seminar in Lagos on Saturday to discuss issues bordering on the state of the nation. The outcome of the meeting was, however, not made public.
5. A former governor of Jigawa State and stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Sule Lamido, has said he is not in support of zoning. In an interview yesterday, Lamido said the idea of rotating the leadership of the country to a particular region in the name of zoning is bringing a setback to the nation.
6. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has opined that Nigeria would shake the day the southern part of the nation would declare its decision on the 2023 presidency. This was as the governor said the PDP would not give its presidential ticket to any candidate who would serve the interest of the wealthy few in Nigeria only.
7. The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in the Africa Cup of Nations to save themselves from what would have been an embarrassing end to their campaign, coming from three goals down to draw level and winning 5-3 on penalties against Burkina Faso in the third place play-off on Saturday.
8. Barely 24 hours after two military personnel were arrested for harassing civilian security men in Abuja Mab Global Estate, over 40 suspected Yahoo boys attempted to breach the estate’s security on Friday night. The suspected internet fraudsters, dressed in white, attempted to gain entrance into the estate around 11:45 p.m. but were stopped by a team of security personnel at the gate.
9. A suspected armed robber was yesterday burnt to death by angry youths at Eziama-Obaire, around Mgbabano junction in Nkwerre Local Government Area of Imo State. Eyewitness said the robbers came to the community to steal when they were challenged by youths, who killed one of the criminals.
10. The Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike has warned traditional rulers in the State not to allow illegal oil bunkering and artisanal refinery activities in their communities. He particularly warned the King of Akpor in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area and the King of Omerelu in Ikwerre council not to allow such activities to thrive anymore in their respective domains.